Saturday 3 May 2014

BBA ‘The Chase’ Winner Dillish Mathew talks about her Life after BBA and her relationship with Flavour!

The winner of Big Brother Africa “The Chase”,
Dillish Matthews was in Nigeria recently for the Mr.
Nigeria contest and Ynaija caught up with her!
She talked about her rumoured relationship with sexy
Nigerian musician, how she is yet to spend the money
she won at ‘the chase’, how she is running out of time
to have kids (she will be 25 next year and wants to
have all her kids before she is 25), her views on
marriage, how she is most likely to end up marrying a
Ghanaian or Nigerian and so much more…it’s quite
an interesting interview.
Read excerpts below:
How did it feel to win Big Brother Africa?
I still find it unbelievable. I mean seeing all
those people who came from so many
different countries during the opening
ceremony, I still ask myself how I made it.
People used to say I was too reserved and
didn’t kiss or have sex but I guess if it’s
your time, it’s your time. I’m still humbled
by the fact that I won.
What do you think helped you win the competition?
I don’t think there’s any strategy because I
was just being myself. I think the trick is to
be yourself, if you’re wild and crazy, stay
that way, if you’re not, don’t pretend to be.
What was the first thing you bought with the prize
money?
I haven’t really spent my money on myself
because I’ve been investing in real estate.
However, I did buy myself some watches
including a Rolex.
You have your own cosmetics line now, do you have
any other business ventures in mind?
My cosmetics line, Vault by Dillish is an
endorsement by a US company and I also
have my own salon in Namibia. I also have
investments in real estate. Frankly, I
consider myself to be businesswoman not
an entertainer.
Do you have any interests in music or acting?
I love African music. After Big Brother, my
mind opened and I started listening to
South African music, to D’banj and of
course to Flavour so when he asked me to
feature in his video, I said yes.
As for acting, I’m working on a few things
and if they turn out well, I just might
explore it too.
So about Flavour, there’s a rumour on the grapevine
that you’re a couple, is that true?
Flavour and I are just friends. I mean he’s
hot and I’m sure he thinks I’m hot but we’re
just okay with being friends. Besides, he
hasn’t made any moves like that and I
haven’t either.
So are you expecting him to make a move?
No, I’m not. He has a girlfriend and I hear
she’s a hottie.
What do you think about Nigerian men?
I think there’s a possibility that I’d either
marry a Nigerian or a Ghanaian, there’s just
something about them that I find attractive.
You once said that you don’t believe in marriage, do
you still feel this way, and why?
I still feel this way but it’s not that I don’t
believe in it, I just don’t think I would want
to get married. I think I would be okay if I
could just find a guy that I could date
forever. This might change when I get older
but for now that’s how I feel.
Have you ever had your heart broken?
Of course, I’ve had my heart broken, I’ve
been friend zoned many times and I’ve
been turned down before too. I didn’t take
it to heart though because I think it’s just
normal.
Speaking about heartbreak, there were a lot of
rumours about what led to the breakup between you
and your ex-boyfriend, Stephen. What really
happened?
All I have to say is that not everything
reported is true so don’t believe everything
you read. Sometimes people make stories
up so that the media can leave them alone.
You promised your fans on Twitter that you intend to
start having babies this year, so when are we
expecting the little ones?
As soon as I find myself a hunk, I’ll start.
I’ve always wanted to have kids before 25
and I’ll be 25 next year so I’m running out
of time.
After you won Big Brother, your long lost father
suddenly surfaced, how did that make you feel?
As a child without a father, you look
around and just wish you could be like
other kids who have one. It’s an empty
feeling and you just want to know him and
if you look like him.
I’ve always wanted to know and I went to
Big Brother and mentioned his name in the
hope of finding him. When he came
forward, I rejected him at first and then I
saw the resemblance and opened up and
accepted him. I’m taking it slowly now and
getting to know him.
What do you think is the biggest challenge facing
women in Africa?
I think it’s the fact that people believe we
should be submissive. If you start making a
lot of money as an African woman, you
could get demotivated because people
believe you won’t find a husband. Men
don’t really like women who are rich
because they believe she’ll misbehave.
You’ve been helping a lot of children, do you have a
charity organization of your own?
Yes I do, it’s called the Royal Hope
Foundation and it focuses on community
development and I hope that it can spread
across Africa.
How do you intend to do your part in making the
world a better place?
The vision I have, is that of helping people.
It’s such a passion for me that I can sacrifice
a lot just to make a person’s life better. I’m
not interested in a lavish lifestyle, I just want to help people

No comments:

Post a Comment