Monday 28 April 2014

Nollywood Actress, Rachel Oniga Opens Up On Her Failed Marriag

Top Nollywood actress, Rachael Oniga in a recent interview
talks about her separation from her late husband.
The scandal free single mother of three tells The Entertainer in
this interview.
On the extent her late ex-husband hurt her: He hurt me
badly.Yes. During our years of courtship and marriage, I never
suspected that we would just break up like that or anything
could ever come between us. Back then he told me everything.
I could tell you where he was at every moment; I trusted him so
much.
On meeting the other woman her ex-husband left her for: It
was later, much later and when I did I was like ‘did he leave me
because of this thing?’ I don’t know how to put it but men
don’t really appreciate what they have until they lose it.
On how she got
over the shock and the journey afterwards: I believe so much
in myself, and when I got over the shock of the separation and
all that, I made up my mind that I was going to make a
statement without a man. I wanted to prove that a hardworking
woman could make an impact and with God’s grace I have
come a long way.
The truth is that when you’re focused and you know where
you’re going to, you’re likely to succeed. I made up my mind
then that I wasn’t going to remarry. I was determined to make it
and make all men including my late husband know that with
God by her side, a woman can make it in life without a man’s
support.
Rachael also advised other women going through the same
situation she said: “Just believe in yourself and with hard work,
you will get there. God is always faithful. I killed my emotions
and I said to myself ‘Rachael, your kids must go to the best
schools.’ It was just work and my children.
Rachael Oniga, a computer programmer who got into
Nollywood in 1993 has remained one of the few actresses that
has successfully carved a niche for herself both in the
English and Yoruba sector of the movie industry.
The Delta born veteran actress whose first job was on a TV
series, a programme called Memorial Hospital played a
challenging role in her first movie called ‘Onome” has since
featured in over 100 movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment